Sunday, December 9, 2012

A Few Things

A few things have changed this week (moving, settling, adjusting, not having internet access...), but a few more things have stayed the same (my affinity to sitting in coffee shops to use the free wifi, eating lots of cheese, loving the things in this list...)
These are things I've always loved, but haven't necessarily shared in any formal way, especially not on life of lu. There also seems to be a bit of a holiday shopping theme too...enjoy.



A Few Things: Dec. 9, 2012



1. Kelsey Garrity-Riley Illustration 

I think it's thanks to tumblr that I first came across Kelsey Garrity-Riley's illustrations. They're everything I love about illustrative art: magical, quirky, beautiful and radiating a sort of warmth. I just love it every bit of her pieces. I just received my package from Kelsey's etsy. Some lucky family members will be getting bits of her pieces this Christmas! Her blog is worth a browse and her shop is currently having a holiday sale...so there's that!


Got this note in my package!



2. Designs & Tumblr of Elizabeth Antoinette

image courtesy of elizabeth-antoinette.tumblr.com
Again, thanks, tumblr for putting me on to the blog and etsy shop of this Portlander. She's a vegan, yoga instructor with a knack for crochet and knits in great colors and all vegan-friendly materials. Ok, so I've got a crush on her too, but how could I not? The girl advocates against violence, posts her yummiest vegan recipes, and makes beautiful things that keep your neck or hot beverage warm. She also sings. I'm in love. Check her out. 

3. Add YogaDork  to your reading list.

Hey, all you yogis out there! Do you read yoga dork? It's a blog that keeps us updated on the latest yogi-celebrities and happenings in the yoga world. They're appearing in this week's folio because of an article they posted last week on incense: how to select it and burn it properly etc. I found it very helpful and it alighted me to the idea that I should learn a bit more about incense, as I've begun to use it often for its various therapeutic qualities (and it makes me feel more yogic while doing yoga)...and I honestly didn't even think about the fact that harmful chemicals could be contained in certain brands and could be affecting my health! More to come on my incense findings.


That's all for now!

L










No comments:

Post a Comment