Saturday, November 24, 2012

Moving Mindfully

I've been making myself ready to move into a new place at the end of this week for some time now...ok, so MOST of the preparation thus far has been mental--which unfortunately leaves lots of packing, organizing and cleaning up and painting of the new place to be done. However, against any odds, this time next week I'll be settling into my new room in a two bedroom across town with a dear new friend/co-worker. This week crept up on me and it seems that all of a sudden, I have so much to do!

I'm definitely one to anticipate big events or changes, and this has certainly applied to moving this week. While having excitement for the future is definitely positive, I've always struggled with balancing this anticipation so that it doesn't turn into total anxiety and negativity. I'm meditating on that this week; trying to find the ease in doing the necessary preparation so that I can move pretty seamlessly later in the week.

In the meantime, I've got some posts coming up, so stay tuned.

Also look for photos of new place to come next weekend as I'm settling in!


No comments:

Post a Comment