Monday, October 22, 2012

Thank You Notes

For this entry, I drew inspiration from Late Night with Jimmy Fallon's "Thank you," segment and combined it with my quest to find happiness in the simple things. The little things give us the biggest rewards--if we took the time to realize it!

Here are my thank you notes for this week:

Thank you, internet, for making this blog possible. I've long been a blog reader,  but never seriously donned the writer hat--you make it more possible to learn and execute projects like this...thank you! P.S. You also make hulu possible...which is additionally admirable.

Thank you, The Roost , for being an enticing establishment and luring in some other recent alums while I stopped by for coffee on Sunday morning. Through our conversation, it was discovered that we ALL feel alone and freaked out in this weird, post-college phase of our lives. Phew! (come back later this week for adjusting to post-college life post!)

Thank youTrader Joes, for having every pumpkin-flavored product possible at an affordable price. I made mini loaves of pumpkin bread with chocolate chips yesterday afternoon--an indulgent fall treat to enjoy! Also, for your wittily-written flyers that come in the mail every month!

Thank you, sunshine, for waking me up in the morning, and going away when I am ready for rest. Although I miss you lately, (seeing less of you this time of year and such) I know you're looking out for me. I salute you.

Thank you, Mount Holyoke College Victory Eights (my former a cappella group), for providing your audiences with listening pleasure. Also, for singing with me again this weekend--boy, did that feel good!

Thank you, favorite slouchy hat, for keeping my head, ears, and smile warm. You're my adult version of a security blanket and for this, I thank you.

...and that's all I wrote!

Who/what/where are you writing thank you notes to this week?




1 comment:

  1. Beautifully penned in form, content, presentation and sheer power. We should always take a moment to acknowledge our many blessings - the bad stuff has better publicists, but the good stuff needs no such show light, only a bowed head and a whispered "thank you"...

    ReplyDelete